We’ve got you covered.
For new bookings confirmed from 1st February 2022, with departure dates after 1st April 2022, if a Traveller cancels a booking for any of the three events listed below, they will be eligible to receive a full refund for amounts paid to Governors’ Safaris Ltd (‘Booking Protection’) for ‘Governors’ Services’.
Governors’ Safaris Ltd ‘Booking Protection’ is backed by a multi-billion dollar global financial services organisation rated by independent analysts as having “Excellent” financial strength. Wilderness Safaris and Governors’ Safaris Ltd are the only* African safari operators to have secured the backing of a global financial institution to provide our guests and agents with peace of mind in a time of turmoil in travel.
VIEW FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS HERE
1. Within 45 days of the first Governors’ Safaris Ltd Service in the booking, COVID-19 or any other global pandemic causes a Traveller to be unable to travel because of:
a) An inability to reach the destination country by commercial airline, or
b) Personal health complications due to the pandemic, or
c) A government imposed mandatory quarantine at, or closure of, a border that exists in a Traveller’s departure country or any of the countries a Traveller will be visiting for Governors’ Safaris Ltd Services during the booking.
2. Within 7 days of the first Governors’ Safaris Ltd Service in a booking:
a) A Traveller receives a positive test for COVID-19 or any other global pandemic disease, or
b) A Traveller is quarantined, and that quarantine lasts until the first Governors’ Safaris Ltd Service in the booking.
3. Prior to departure, there is a bankruptcy of Governors’ Safaris Ltd which prevents the Traveller from using any Governors’ Safaris Ltd Services.
1. The Booking Protection terms are only available if you have no overdue debts to Governors’ Safaris Ltd at the time of booking.
2. To qualify for Booking Protection, the applicable booking must be fully paid at the time of the cancellation request.
3. Only new bookings will qualify for Booking Protection, meaning that all payments for the booking must have been received after 1st February 2022, and confirmation documents must confirm the applicability of this policy.
4. A “Traveller” is a paid participant on the booking whose name and passport information have been provided to Governors’ Safaris Ltd at the time of final payment.
5. A “Governors’ Service” is a stay in any accommodation that appears on www.governorscamp.com (excluding third party properties), transport provided by Governors’ Safaris Ltd ground personnel or a flight on Governors’ Aviation Ltd. For all other services, normal cancellation terms apply.
6. Please note that neither Governors’ Safaris Ltd nor any of its associated companies will be responsible for any VAT or government taxes incurred by you or the Traveller as a result of a refund.
7. Cancellations must be made in writing to Governors’ Safaris Ltd and are effective from the date we receive written notification. You must submit the necessary documentary proof to Governors’ Safaris Ltd to substantiate the claim for Booking Protection.
E&OE – Terms & Conditions found in the below link apply and supersede the language used in the summary above.
*To the best of our knowledge – 14 January 2022